MTS - Before You Call Repair
Before You Call Repair
Before you Call or report a Repair problem:
If you have purchased your telephone equipment
, please check to see if it is causing the trouble. Plug your set into another jack, either in your home or at a neighbour's to see if your telephone works. If the trouble is with your equipment, then there will be a charge for a repair visit.
If the trouble is with our equipment, it will be repaired at no charge.
No Dial Tone
You have no dial tone, and when someone calls your number, they get a busy signal.
If you have only one telephone set:
1. Make sure your telephone is not off the hook.
2. If you are using a cordless telephone, make sure the battery is working.
3. If you have an answering machine, fax, computer modem, alarm system or other, make sure they are plugged in correctly.
4. If possible, plug another telephone in your jack. If you have a dial tone, your telephone needs repair.
5. If still no dial tone, unplug your telephone for five minutes, then plug it back in. If you still do not have dial tone, please call 611.
If you have two or more telephone sets:
1. Do steps 1, 2, & 3 from above.
2. If still no dial tone, unplug all your telephone equipment from the telephone jack for five minutes. Then plug in one telephone. If no dial tone, try another. (The trouble may be one of your telephones.) If you still do not have dial tone, please call 611.
Check your Test Jacks
1. Test Jacks may be found inside your premises, on your electrical panel, in an almond colored box, or outside your premises in a gray colored box.
2. Unplug the test jack and plug in a basic telephone.
3. Check for dial tone.
4. If no dial tone, try another telephone.
5. If dial tone exists on the test jack, but not inside the premises, the trouble is usually inside wiring, jacks or equipment.
6. If there is no dial tone on the test jack, the trouble is usually outside the premises. Call 611.
You Have a Noisy Line
If you have noise, static, crackling or hear other conversations on your telephone try the following:
1. Unplug all of your phone equiment from the wall.
2. Plug the telephone, If the noise is gone, the trouble is one of your other sets. Try each of them as the trouble may be one of your other telephones.
Unusual Dial Tone
You hear an unusual tone (like a busy signal) when you pick up the receiver
The beep on your line may be indicating that you have a message waiting on your Call Answer Service.